Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Thoughts before bed...

I've been reading about this story on CNN the past few days and it horrifies me that something like this could even happen. First off, this really really bothers me because it is the 911 operator's JOB to treat every incoming call as though it were an emergency. I know this first hand because when I was younger (this is before we had to dial area codes before local numbers), I would sometimes mis-dial my grandmother's phone number. The first three numbers were 914 and sometimes my little fingers would slip and 911 would accidently be dialed instead. I would normally just hang up, but every single time I misdialed the number - it was traced back to my house and there would always be a cop that showed up minutes later just to make sure everything was okay. This wasn't a common occurance, but sometimes I would slip. I would hate to think that this is not the protocol now. People are not only getting lazy, but they are getting sloppy at the expense of other people and it bothers me to no end. It's so unfortunate that something like this happened because of negligence but, let's get real... this type of stuff probably happens all the time - maybe not on such a grand scale, but you know what I mean.

Well I guess I should probably end on a good note. Link Via Dylan of a Sufjan video that should make you pretty happy. I have such a crush on this man, it's kind of ridiculous. While we're on the subject of Mr.Stevens, he has a new CD coming out, and by new I mean Illinoise outtakes... which I am pretty excited about. I'm going to make a promise to myself right now to go see him live. He hasn't been doing much touring - I think the only shows he's played have all been in New York so with that said, I think I am going to make a homage to New York to see him this year. Please hold me to it, because this will be for my own good.

No comments: