Saturday, April 01, 2006

Kick Starting Greek Week with The Big Event.

This morning was The Big Event and festivities started at about 8am this morning when I woke up to music blasting on speakers. I had my alarm set but the music woke me up and also annoyed a lot of people in my hall who wern't participating in The Big Event. I'll have to admit, I really didn't want to do it this morning. Nobody wants to wake up at 9am on a Saturday morning to do Community Service but I'mg lad that I did. AED had about 30 people come out today. But even better was the fact that over 2,1000 students came out from various greek organizations as well as clubs. That puts Virginia Tech in the top 5 for largest turnout to The Big Event. That's kind of exciting right? We're well rounded kids. Anyway, I went out to Pembroke and helped some people at a church do yardwork. I haven't done yardwork... ever, but it wasn't that bad and they were really nice people and really appreciated us being there to help. I'm glad I went. But as for now... I have tons of work to do and I'm hoping to make it to the gym sometime today and maybe do some running and rowing.

No comments: