Thursday, August 16, 2007

:(

I'm going back to school tomorrow back to my townhouse and as you all know I am more than excited for this Fall. Thing is... this year there will be two familiar faces I won't run into. It's really going to be difficult. I used to always run into Stack when I walked by Harper because he was an RA there and I'd always see him in the West End pasta section where he worked. It's going to be so weird without that welcoming smile we're all so used to. And Daniel... gosh, I used to see him almost every weekend. Everytime his roomates had a party or made dinner, I'd always see him there. It's really going to sink in this year. As I've said before, it really feels like they've been at camp.

The summer gave all of us time to come to terms with what happened or at the very least distance ourselves from the incident. I think choosing to go home was exactly what I needed. It was too sad being there. We're kicking off the year with a memorial tribute to them. As sad as it may be, I think it'll be good for us. I know when the going gets tough, I'll probably spend some nights on the drillfield bringing flowers or something a little more tangible to leave for Stack and Dan. I'm glad they're kicking off the school year by unveiling this memorial - as if the student body wasn't close enough - I think this will be great in bringing us all together again and remind us that we've got each other to lean on as the year progresses. And also, the Freshman will get a taste of what Hokie Pride really is, and that's what I'm most excited to show them.

Hokie Hokie Hokie Hi
Tech Tech VPI...

No comments: