Monday, August 06, 2007

My super sweet 21st.



I'm not going to go into detail... I'm just going to bullet point some highlights and suggest places to go next time you find yourself in the Big Apple. It was probably one of the most fun long weekends I've had in awhile.

- I was walking down the street with a couple of friends and ran into Sean Paul on a photoshoot right around the corner from where I was staying. It was random and fun and very characteristically New York.

- Nasser didn't tell me he was coming and I just figured he couldn't because of work, but he surprised me at the last minute and came up with a few friends. I was pretty excited.


- Some places we loved include but aren't limited to: Sing Sing Karoke, Oh! Taisho (if you go, order a peach oolong tea), Village Lantern (go there on a Colin Kane night - he's hilarious), and Babouche

- We broke a freaking key trying to open a bottle of beer sealed like wine

- Everybody is hot. Even the guys that work at Whole Foods which makes my grocery experience at Wegmans back at home a very sad one now that I know better. But seriously, everyone is so so nice - it's hard not to fall in love with all the people you meet. Even the nerds at the Apple store were hot. Woe is life in VA.

- All the food is good. We even went to the gyro/falafel man on Broadway and his food was delicious though seemingly sketchy

- Plans to go back come Winter are underway. I think I'm officially in love with this city.

No comments: