Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Yesss!

A friend of mine spent the summer in Korea and is coming back this week. I told her we'd have all this time to hang out this summer when she got back thinking that Tech didn't start until the very end of August... like the 28th. I don't know why I thought that. School really starts the 20th.... which sadly means that as she comes back, I'll be leaving. Talk about bad planning. We're both pretty bummed. She also goes to school in Boston, so it's not like I could drive there easily like I could to UVA. Lame.

Anyway, today I just realized that both she and I have MacBooks with built in cameras which means that we can use iChat to catch up when she returns to Korea in two weeks. YESSS! Genius idea, plus, it's way better than communicating via phone so I'm pretty excited about this. Too bad I need to set my computer up first THEN learn how this whole iChat thing works. Either way, I'm kind of impressed/in love with technology right now for keeping my friend and I connected when we're on opposite sides of the globe. If only I had this when Nina was in Australia. Skype wouldn't even be part of my vocabulary.

No comments: