Tuesday, December 27, 2005


Calais! Calais! Calais!
This year we spent Christmas in Charleston, SC where I've been the past week or so. Needless to say, it was great. My family was there and I could go on and on, but I will spare you. There was great food and I was in the company of wonderful people and that's pretty much all you can ask for. The weather was ridiculously nice outside too. I wore a t-shirt one of the days. We went to Church on Christmas and let me just say that the southerners really know how to build a church. It was gorgeous and the preist was so cute. I loved it and had a great time and can only hope that you guys did as well.

In other news, my parents officially announced their retirement to the family. They are planning on saying goodbye to their beloved jobs in 2008 when I graduate. They recently purchased a house in Myrtle Beach and I got to see it for the first time this week. I'm pretty much in love with it. It's smaller than the house we're living in right now, but it is absolutely GORGEOUS. The detailing on the doors and walls and knobs etc. are to die for. It's the perfect size for them and has extra rooms for when I visit with friends. The backyard is also amazing. It's got an outdoor grill built into this brick wall thing. There's a pool and a side fountain. My mom suggested that I get married there. It's got a golf course down the street so my dad is happy and the beach is only one block away. And it's not the touristy part of the beach either which is just perfect for them. I'm really happy for my parents and I'm really excited for their house. The builder also told us that Tiger Woods just bought a house down the street so maybe dad will catch a glimpse of him on the green. I'm really glad they are finally doing something for themselves. They've given up so much for us it's about time they went all out. This house is ridiculous though, the color schemes are amazing and mom got an interior designer to help her turn it into her dream home. So far it's about 80% finished and from what i've seen, it's just - there are no words. From the mirrors to the floors, to the patio in the back... I will not be able to resist the temptation to visit.

No comments: