Friday, December 09, 2005


We should have gone streaking...
One more paper and exam to go! I'm really actually kind of upset because as of an hour ago I finished all my exams and will probobably finish my paper by today (good thing). But my last exam of the semester just happens to fall on the last possible day of exams which means that I get to stay here until Thursday and not really do anything. Anyway, by last night, I had been studying for my Chem exam for roughly 48 hours and had become so dilusional I was singing the milkshake song. Then, for some reason, I felt it was a great idea to streak torgersen bridge (pictured and taken from VT's webpage). I didn't actually do it (thank you voices of reason), however, I did carefully think this out. Torg bridge is such a stretegic streaking location. Just look at it! It connects the library and Torg hall. It has easily accessible staircases at both ends so you can run up a set of stairs, streak, and run down the stairs on the other side. Underneath torg bridge are two "get-away" doors where you can have a "get-away" car parked to pick you up. Who doesn't study in Torg bridge for exams? Seriously, it would provide great comic relief for people who are stressed out. Basically PERFECT. But nobody wanted to do it with me. I feel as though streaking torg bridge is something a Hokie must do along with making out in the stakcks and camping on the drillfield before he/she graduates. Am I right? I even thought about what would happen if one got arrested for indecent exposure and had to go to jail. Though it probably isn't the best idea to spend the night before a final in jail... if you brought your books, I'm pretty sure you'd have incentive to study. Incentive = you not wanting to talk to the townies in jail with you. I wonder if they would let you study in jail. I mean there wouldn't be any distractions and you'd be too scared to talk to anyone/move. Okay so, obviously I didn't go through with it, but let it be known that it was seriously considered and thought through. Finals Spring 2006 anyone? Ha ha.

Sidenote: I've been listening to Aqualung's Strange and Beautiful on repeat all morning. (Better than the milkshake song? - definately!)

2 comments:

Sarge said...

Hi Mary-

So entertaining. You're reminding me of my streaking days years ago... well, not so long ago... and totally sober.

Fellow science major, nice to know there's someone else out there crazy like me!! Are you pre-med?

Mary said...

Indeed I am Pre-Med. This is probably the craziest, hardest, yet most rewarding journey I have ever set my sights on.