Wednesday, December 07, 2005

I'm on the verge, I'm on the verge!

I'm pretty sure I just had the most bangin' day. I've been pretty concerned with my Pre-Med requirements this semester because the primary Pre-Med advisor (Dr. Simmons) is so hard to get a hold of becuase he has so many meetings with so many students so usually there's a one month wait to see him (that's if you're super lucky) anyway I signed up for a Chem class this semester thinking it was part of my Pre-Med requirements and it turns out that it's not (Go figure, life throws awesome curveballs at me constantly). Anyway Dr. Simmons told me I had to go talk to Dr. Amateis becuase he said he'd let me get by with taking that class as long as I took the second semester of a different Chemistry class, but he said it was really up to her to see if I was ready or if she'd let it slide. Anyway, I had a meeting with her today and she was so nice and helpful. She told me she had talked to my current Chem professor and she reccommended me for the second part of the Pre-Med Chem class and they let me opt out of the first one, but I still get credit for it which is just AWESOME. I'm so glad it worked out because I was afraid I'd be a semester behind which would have thrown everything off. It's so ironic because as far as my major (Psyc) goes, I can actually graduate next year, which would be a year early, but because I've declared Pre-Med, I have a lot of other classes to take, which obviously keeps me here and extra year, but it works out becuase I was supposed to graduate then anyway. Also, I don't want to take MCATs this year anyway so it works out. Today, I also declared Soc as my minor. The people in the Soc department were very helpful and it was quick and painless and now I am officially Pre-Med/Psyc with Soc. It's really exciting. I would never have thought that I would have picked up Soc, but I'm really happy with the decision and right now it feels as though everything is coming together so nicely and I'm just at a really good place right now. I know what I want to do for sure, and I love my classes/profs. Also, I took an exam this morning for Personality of Psyc and I'm pretty sure I rocked it! I was really excited when I left the room. I'm actually taking all my exams early and I would be done by this Friday and get to go home early except for I have ONE exam next Thursday (the last day of finals) and my professor won't change the date, or let us take it early so basically, I will just be staying here for 4 days doing nothing. :( I want to go visit friends at other schools, but I'm pretty sure everybody is taking exams right now so that's probably not an option. I don't know what I will do with myself... suggestions?

No comments: