Monday, December 19, 2005


Rummaging -----> sweet finds.

Today I was going through my closet because I have that kind of time on my hands and I came across an old school Polaroid Camera! :D I thought I had gotten rid of this a long time ago but I'm glad I didn't. I remember my dad bought it for me when I was in elementary school because I had some sort of science fair project due (and this was way before the digital camera days) and I had to have my pictures of various stages of bread mold (or whatever it was we were doing) on a poster board by the next day and the solution was... POLAROID CAMERA! I'm really glad I found it, I think it's still got some film in it too. Kaj and I are going to see the Andy Warhol gallery tomorrow so I figure I may just document my trip. I doubt they will let me take pictures in the museum itself, but if they did that would be terriffic. It's so ugly (pictured to the right) and bulky - the newer polaroids are much more compact and "futuristic" but, regardless, I'm in love with this photo-taking phenomenon of the 80's and 90's all over again. I prefer my old ugly polaroid camera to the 2005 soon to be 2006 ones anyway. I'm really excited about this. I'm surprised it has survived 3 moves. Now, if only I could find my old NES system...

No comments: