Wednesday, December 21, 2005


Strikes everywhere!

It appears that the dancers of The Washington Ballet, more specifically the dancers of The Nutcracker have gone on strike. In otherwords, no Nutcracker for anybody this year. Sadly, the rest of the shows have been cancelled which could be detrimental to the company seeing as this event brings in the most revenue all year. I'm really saddened by this because this is an annual family tradition. For as long as I can remember, come Christmas time, we'd always go to the Kennedy Center or Warner theatre and I could always count on that to be the one consistant thing that happened in my life, but not this year. I know I'm probably sounding a little dramatic, but it's sad since this is a little piece of my childhood that I've hung onto for so long and this year it's gone. I guess, there comes a point where you just have to let go - I don't feel like I'm ready yet. 2006 is going to be a very challenging but hopefully rewarding year. I'm moving out on my own - I will be living in a townhouse cooking for myself and hoping it's not a complete disaster. I will have my toughest course load then, and I will also be taking my MCATs which will pretty much determine where I will be going the next 4 years of my life. I'm so excited since I've never been so sure about anything in my life. I guess this is what growing up feels like. I guess I just wanted to end the year by holding onto a piece of my "old self" if that makes any sense.

In other News, New York transit is on strike? Hopefully this doesn't happen in DC, from what I've heard/seen so far on the news and from friends, it is a pain in the ass.

No comments: