Wednesday, July 25, 2007

County Fair?

sure, why not?

In all the years I've lived here I have yet to go to the county fair, nor have I even been aware that one existed until today. My good friend Heather who lives on the western side of the county invited me out tonight and after being a hermit for the past week, I took her up on her offer. Our friend Nathaniel from school came along with us as he used to live out there too. He wouldn't miss it for the world. Apparently it's was a tradition to go every year when both of them were growing up. Heather told me that she and our friend Kathleen used to show their horses. It's a week long event that ends on a friday with a rodeo which the whole town comes out to see. I had a great time learning about where my friends grew up and the type of things they did. There were naturally a lot of farm animals being showcased. Some of which included, the largest pigs I've ever seen in my life, tons of goats, horses, MINI HORSES (my new favorite), rabbits, and even a camel. It was pretty cool. I'm not use to being in the country but I was glad my friends took me out of my comfort zone and still made me feel like I was at home. It was perfect - just what I needed today. And to make things even better, the weather tonight was PERFECT. We sat on benches eating cotton candy and chatting. I loved it. I noticed how stars are a lot more visible out there... must be nice to see them so clearly all the time. Now, I know why my friends like it out there so much. :)

No comments: