Sunday, July 22, 2007

Random things here and there...

On my way back to the states after a week in DR, my plane was delayed from DR to Miami (where I had a connection to Dulles) which made me miss my flight home. As a result, my trip home was delayed a day and a half since Dulles Airport is such a common place to go and all flights were booked for a whole day (bitter? just a little). They paid for my hotel and all that jazz and I did get to spend a day exploring Miami so that was nice. I opted for a boat trip which was fun - I got to see Star Island. Did you know Vanilla Ice lives there?! Random. I also took a cab to South beach. It was okay - gorgeous beach, gaudy people. Don't get me wrong, I met a lot of nice people, but there was a handfull that were overly flashy. I don't see too much of that in Virginia or DC so it was different. I got to go by the Versace mansion and it was gorgeous. I thought it was a very awkward location for a house like that, it's pretty much smack in the middle of the strip which is odd. It's very public domain -- still beautiful regardless.

Anyway, somehow between getting stuck in Miami for a day and flying back home, I got sick. I don't know if it's a cold, or if it's the flu. All I know is that I'm congested and my head feels like a balloon and it feels like my nose is on fire. Not so fun. I don't know how I got sick. It sucks, but I guess it came at a good time. I've been keeping myself medicated and I've been drinking a lot of tea. Hopefully it helps and hopefully I'll be 100% soon. I hate being sick in general but even moreso in the summer because the weather is so nice out and I hate not being active and not being social. Oh well, I guess I should stop complaining, things could be worse right? I'll just wait this one out.

I went to Ikea the other day to pick up a couple of things - I forgot how much fun that place was. I wanted to buy everything in sight. Good news is... I didn't. :)

Justin called last night at 2:30am and left a joint message with Sagar that teased me for being asleep "so early." They then proceeded to tell me I was lame. Haha, drunk messages still?! Come on guys. As annoying as it was to have the phone right not once but twice when I was sick and trying to sleep... the message was funny and I appreciated it. Just don't make it a nightly thing guys... :P

I also got a letter from Tommy in the mail which was great! He's currently at bootcamp for the army (well... he wrote on Army stationary so I'm guessing that's what he's there for - I should probably be a better friend and find out for sure). Anyway, I've known him since High School and we ended up at the same college. He was in the ROTC his first year and at Tech if you're a freshman and an ROTC member that pretty much means your life sucks nonstop for a whole year. They've got it bad. I'm talking 30 second showers, all these crazy rules etc etc. It's just not fun. I remember letting him come to my room just so he could watch some TV or just letting him use the dorm shower. You get the picture - it's just not fun. Anyway, reading his letters kind of brings me back to Freshman year - the stuff he writes about going through makes me feel so bad for him. He has a way of making his misery so humerous. I love reading his letters for this reason. Also, I love writing and getting letters. They're so much better than e-mail so I think that's why I get so excited when I hear from him. I can't wait to see him back at school - it should be a fun reunion as both of us will have post summer birthdays to celebrate. He is like the big brother I always wish I had and I miss having him around. Oh well... soon enough right? Soon enough.

In other news... I'm going to New York in a little over a weekish to reunite with one of my best friends in the world/celebrate another lap around the sun (translation it's my birthday) and I couldn't be more excited!

No comments: