Friday, July 06, 2007

:/

Life is so fragile. Say it out loud to yourself and give it a few seconds to sink in. One of my very good friends came to me today with some bad news. One of her friends had passed away. My heart just sank. I know what it feels like to get the news. I know what it's like to have your world stop. And as cliche as it sounds, that's what really happens. Your brain kind of just freezes, you start to shake, and you're overcome with disbelief - nothing in the world matters as much to you at that moment than that person. Everything else is just a detail to you - people, objects, etc. She is one of my closest friends and I just hate to see her so broken. When the whole incident at Tech occured, she insisted that I come and spend a night at her place before driving home. Luckily, she goes to school 2 hours away from me so that was entirely possible. I did, and there was nothing I needed more than to be with a friend at that moment. I hope I can be as strong for her now as she was for me three months ago. I guess in times like these you really begin to fully grasp how ephemeral everything is. All you can really do is be with your friends so you can help each other through the hard times to come.

"to live in the hearts we leave behind is not to die"
- thomas campbell

No comments: