Sunday, July 08, 2007

You stay classy, VT!

I got an e-mail today from the psyc department in regards to this year's football game. It's obvious that the first home game will be an emotional one. There has already been talk about turning it into a Hokies United game where everyone wears their HU shirts. I know I'll be wearing mine proudly. On that note, the e-mail served as a reminder that "all eyes will be on us" and that we should continue to conduct ourselves with class just as we did when tragedy struck. Lane Stadium at Virginia tech is notoriously known as one of the toughest places for opposing teams to play, but instead of booing the other team when they run out on our field this year, we should cheer. Why? Because for one day, they were Hokies - they felt our pain, and were quick to offer overwhelming support. You wouldn't boo another Hokie would you? I thought it was really great that the psyc department sent this out - I hope others feel the same way. That doesn't mean that we can't get rowdy during the game, I think in respect for the game, and for those who support us the least we can do is show our respect for people who have helped us so much. Great idea Psyc department!

Oh PS... GET EXCITED because ESPN's Game Day crew are kicking off their season debut at VT's first home game. Tune in as it will probably be amazing.

All this talk of VT football is really making me anticipate my return to campus and to Lane stadium. :)

Speaking of returning to campus... I just bought entirely way too many things for my room. I've lived in the townhouse for a year and it's nice, but I think a few extra touches here and there will make it a lot more comfortable. I have a pretty comfortable bed at school but it does not compare to the one I have at home so I went out and bought a ton of mattress pads/toppers and some jersey sheets today. The dangerous thing about this is a) never wanting to get out of bed and b) not being able to study in bed ever. Haha, I'm okay with that. Other random touches include new curtains, and lamps, and bathroom rugs, and wall art. I decided to go with black and white photos of all things that remind me of New York... why? Because Mike L's perfect black and white picture of the b-bridge in New York is already up and hanging in my room. I figured just to take that and run with it so I purchased more black and whites of New York and one of Audrey Hepburn - I'm not sure if I will put them all up, but it's good to have the option. I'm excited to go back and decorate. It'll make the house feel like it's new. Plus, I have new roommates coming in so it'll be nice to see how different the place will look as I am living with girls this time around.

Come over sometime!

No comments: