Sunday, July 22, 2007

More notes on the DR trip:

- European men LOVE their speedos, everyone was wearing them and the few europeans that wern't were in tiny swim trunks... The older the men were, the more neon their speedo color choices. It was interesting to say the least.

- European women don't have to be in Europe to go topless. They play by their rules, EVERYWHERE.

- Red lights are just suggestions to "watch out" after 9pm according to the taxi driver. He said it was the law. I was SO sketched out.

- Dancing + music = 24-7

- They don't believe in the word "no" because I didn't hear anybody say it

- I got to use my French as Haiti is right next door to the DR so it came in handy at the airport and with all of the French people on holiday.

- I was one of four Americans, I felt like I was in the South of France

- I decided dinner on the beach is probably one of my favorite things

- The Europeans like their manpris

- Little french kids are really cute...

- Solitude is nice and not knowing anybody is nice too (sometimes)

- Don't drink water south of the US boarder

- I love being surrounded by palm trees

No comments: