Thursday, December 30, 2004

Does he walk around all day at school with his feet inside your shoes?
Looking down every few steps to pretend he walks with you.
Oh, does he know that place below your neck that is your favorite to be touched
And does he cry through broken sentences like "I love you far too much?"
Does he lay awake listening to your breath, Worried that you smoke too many cigarettes?

Man Conor Oberst rocks... I know i've posted this earlier, but this is one of his best songs and you can't help but feel bad for him. He seemingly wrote it for someone that he cannot have (maybe someone broke up with him) and he's asking her if her new guy can be what he can be for her. It's really sad. If I ever meet Mr. Oberst, I'm giving him a big huge bear hug - I don't care what he says... or how many people restrain me. He's getting a hug. I always feel so bad for him though... and it's not just a sad singer that plays tragic kind of thing. It's an acutal "I am clinically depressed" kind of thing... and yeah.

No comments: