Monday, December 06, 2004

My parents recently bought a condo in Belmont Bay (Belmont Bay Harbor) so I suppose this shall be my second home during the warmer months of the year. It's not too far away from where I live currently. It's about an hour away, or 20 minutes south of DC which gives the location great dynamics already. I think I'll ask my parents if they'll let me live there in the summer, not that I wouldn't want to live at home, it's just nice to be away from Ashburn, although I don't know if this will be much better. I'll be independent however which is a good feeling. I would come home on weekends and such, but I would LOVE to spend a whole summer in Belmont Bay. I was thrilled when they told me about this condo, maybe one day I'll buy it from them, who knows. I was looking at some of the floor plans online and I really liked them. Also, I really love the location -- 20 minutes away from DC, but not in the heart of the city. It's kind of ideal. If I wanted to venture into the city sometime during the week, I could go to concerts, maybe even a charity benefit, see if I could volunteer at the hospital and whenever the city beat gets to be too much to handle I could retreat to Belmont Bay where I will be surrounded by childhood memories of Crisfield, MD. [My dad used to take me out to Crisfield when I was a little kid and we would spend our whole day there, maybe rent a boat and take it for a spin, make friends with local fishermen, get some ice cream, eat some seafood... it was good times] It would be nice to be surrounded by boats and hospitality again. I think the city has a way of making people hard, and I loved how everytime I went to Crisfield, everyone would welcome you with open arms like they had known you your whole life. I miss that. I also miss being near the water... it's so calming and it would be so amazing just to stop out on the deck every night and just sit and stare. I know it sounds corny, but I think that it would be such a good sanctuary. And maybe, I can learn how to operate a boat.... who knows. Here's to a new beginning

No comments: