Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Ready to hear about my dad's newest endeavor?

Well... as many of you know, my basement, though finished, is EMPTY. Aside from an old leather couch set from our last house a fireplace and a bar, there are two potential rooms, that are just being used for storage, a bathroom, and a media room. Yep, that's what that random mass of an empty room is. It's even designated as the "media room" in the blue print of the house. I guess because all the wiring for Brambleton cable has already been built into the walls of the room. Anyway, it's empty. And Dad has decided to really turn it into a media room because he hates the fact that my 9th grade cloud project is the only thing in the room. How it got there, I do not know. But that says a lot for this cloud project... seeing as my dad is quick to get rid of it. Although somehow it has made it this far... Anyway, he wants to put a theatre in the media room. It makes sense. I'm TOTALLY behind him for this 100%. Mom on the other hand, not too thrilled, but she has no other ideas so she has given in and is going along with it. I guess she would rather watch movies from the comfort of her own room. But as for my dad and I, watching Hokie football on a screen as large as the wall is something that is extremely important and vital to our survival as Hokie Parent and Child. And to my two uncles who are Hokie alumns... this is something they would like to see through as well.

So anyway moving along... Dad's bored. And has drawn up huge plans. I'm talking like stadium seating almost. He wants two rows of pimp ass chairs... the leather ones with the cup holders on the side that recline. And he wants it to be on a stage almost. Well not really a stage but he wants one row of chairs to be higher than the other so that the people behind can see so essentially what they're going to do is build a really small stage and bolt all these chairs down and put the projector in and connect the cable and what not. And I say they because my dad is definately not going to be doing this. He is handy... but not THAT handy and my mom would probably cancel this project if she found out my dad would be the one trying to make all this happen. So hopefully by the time I come home next, which is Spring Break I think... unless I decide to come home earlier, this will all be said and done and I can watch Garden State on my wall. That would be pretty amazing. But until then... I'm waving my "GOOOOO DAD!" flag like it's my job because I have THE BEST dad in the world and hoping that mom doesn't decide this is a bad idea... but even if she did, she's outnumbered anyway. Because I'm sure my sister would jump on the bandwagon. She would probably enjoy watching spongebob on a wall-sized projector screen.

1 comment:

Michael L. said...

Whoa, Mary, I'm reading this in Broad Run High School and I remember the cloud project. Oh, yeah, I saw Ms. Buckley today too and I acted completely autistic because I was all shifty-eyed and stood the whole time like I couldn't handle social situations. Good times as usual. Oh, yeah, and here's a Merry Christmas cause I can't use AIM at all. Have fun wherever you are during break.