Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Today's Happiness:

Well other than the post-shock of seeing Conor Oberst yesterday... I wake up and have to go to classes. Creative Writing... at 9:30, not too bad, made it there a little late, but didn't miss anything. Went to Bio where I could not even stay awake seeing as I got 3 hours of sleep last night? Yeah, that sucked, and on top of that my teacher is painfully monotenous. Anyhow, I went to check my mail in Pritchard today (a place where no one should be condemned to live) and not only did I get a lot of mail... and it was all for me. I got stuff from Mike so Mike this entry is dedicated to you. I hope you're reading.

This came as a total surprise because I didn't think he'd ever send these. BUT! Mike being a phenomenal photographer and all, I asked him if he could send me two black and white pictures that I was and am in love with. One is of the New York skyline as seen through a bridge, while the other is a black and white of the escalators in a DC metro. I wish I could show you these pictures, they're amazing. Mike, just to let you know I'm framing these and taking them with me wherever I go, and they will always adorn some part of my house. You have been named official wall decorator of Mary's house because I'm telling you now, my first apartment will be filled with your photographs. Anyway, when I opened the package I was just expecting either a 4 x 6 or even a printed picture on a piece of printer paper, but no! Mike is awesome and put them on two 8 x 10s and it's KODAK paper! Man this is so awesome, so that totally made my crappy day super awesome. Not to mention the little note he wrote inside totally made me laugh and I randomly turned it over to see that french dream house that he drew for me my senior year.

Now I have to go to the empo... but regardless... I am SO happy right now. Thanks for making my day Mike L. because it would have otherwise sucked... badly.

1 comment:

Michael L. said...

He he. I'm glad you're happy with those photos. If you want any more just say so.