Thursday, February 03, 2005

What's with today, today?!

I've got some beef with the University...

Classes wern't cancelled today so here's a heartfelt fuck you to VT from Mary. While Radford University, and all the Community Colleges, as well as ALL the schools in this area (High Schools, Middle Schools, Elementary Schools) are closed, VT is the only one that remains open. How balls-y. As I walked to class this morning, the friggin Snowplow man was chasing me with his snowplow so I decided to take my sweet time and walk in the middle of the sidewalk. I get to my Creative Writing class on the other side of campus (which is about the distance from Ashburn to Mongolia) only to get there to find out we're only going to be there for half an hour. GREAT. Then my prof. gets my hopes up and tells me that they may cancel afternoon classes, so I get back to my dorm to check blackboard and... NOTHING. Let it be known that I have the world's most boring class ever today... Bio with Lipscomb. Great! So horray Blacksburg and the shitty weather and being sick.

Speaking of being sick, it's times like these where I really want to be home in bed and cared after. I guess my sister and I have been spoiled by the care of nannies our whole lives and extra care especially the times when we were sick and I guess it's hard adjusting at college when you have to look after yourself. I sent my mom an e-mail asking for some Earl Grey with sugar cubes, anti-biotics and a nanny... oh and tissues too.

Realizations:

- I miss snow days
- I miss having a nanny
- I miss my stone fireplace and couch
- I like cupping my hands around a warm tea mug
- VT's Snow day cancellation policies are shhhhitay

No comments: