Saturday, January 07, 2006

Better News...

Today I went shopping with Christy in DC. We decided the new Urban Outfitters in Tysons just wasn't cutting it and had originally planned to go to the one in Georgetown, but decided to check out the one right by Chinatown instead. It was a lot of funa nd it wasn't super crowded since it was a workday so it was nice to be able to not stand in lines etc. etc. We saw a guy from ABC news and were really tempted to participate in an interview regarding the Redskins and their entry to the playoffs but we really aren't hardcore Redskin fans, so why pretend? My family, being huge Redskin supporters (afterall, we do live in the same neighborhood as half the team) would probably be a little disappointed, especially my uncles who would have loved to rant about how well the team is playing this year. Oh well, it's better that I didn't give my two-cents. Anyway, shopping was really successful today. I purchased some things for my townhouse next year and got really excited because it's all coming together. I got this awesome bedding set that I am completely in love with and some great lampshades with a really slick design. I wasn't a big fan of the lampstands they had there so I guess I'll be keeping an eye out for those in the weeks to come. 2006 is getting more fun everyday! :) Also, today when my dad came home, he asked if I wanted some Wal-Mart gift cards. Apparently his company gave him about 10 with $25 dollars on each of them. Must be some type of promotion they're doing. Anyway, being a college student, of course I can use a few Wal-Mart gift cards! I was pretty excited. My sister tagged along as I went and restocked on toiletries and Special K bars for second semester. If you haven't tried Special K bars yet, I suggest that you do because they are amazing! Perfect as a breakfast food when you a) don't have time to make cereal in the morning because you overslept or b) are lactose like I am and prefer granola products anyway. They are also crucial snacks you can bring to class with you. Don't even get me started on the Gummies that are packed with Vitamin C... those are AMAZING.

In other News... The Wake-Duke game is on Sunday and that should pretty much be AMAZING! :P I'm pretty excited about it. I'm rooting for Wake (of course) and I mean I'm a little bitter Duke beat us in the last 1.6 seconds of our game against them so I'm leaving it up to the Deacs to seek a little justice here. It's also Pat's last semester! How exciting! I'm really looking forward to Spring semester, but moreso looking forward to the weather improving and getting warmer and hopefully soon. Should be good.

No comments: