Thursday, January 12, 2006

Hot to Trot.

So today Kathleen and I went horseback riding in Leesburg and it was AMAZING. The weather was absolutely wonderful at 64 degrees. It felt like fall. We had the mountains as a backdrop and so much land to ride on. Awesome would just be an understatement. What wasn't awesome is the fact that my horse Ebbie (though extremely well trained) started full-on running when I squeezed her sides with my legs which should have motioned her to gallop which she did at the beginning and because I was getting tossed up on the saddle I was bouncing on her back which the trainer had taught her to mean "go faster." Had it not been for Kathleen and her horse Mocha, I probably would have flew off. They came up right by Ebbie and I and she grabbed the reins and pulled on them to get her to stop. I was trying to pull on her and trying to get her to stop at first but she was going so fast, I was too pre-occupied with trying to just stay on. So needless to say, though it was really scary, it was also pretty fun to be going that fast. :D The rest of our time at Morven went pretty well though. Everything went smoothly. Matt came after the "death trot" and he took some pictures of us and even did a little bit of recording so we'll see how that all comes out. Afterwards, I took Matt and Kathleen to the Reston Town Center so I could teach them some ice skating moves. They got the hang of it by the end of our session, it was a pretty great day. I'm so sore now, but it's that good type of sore. I just found out at the end of last semester that Sharon skates and that she took classes when she was younger at the same ice house that I did so we could have actually been skating together when we were little and just not remembered it. Anyway, I'm thinking I'm going to have to bring my skates back to school so I can go with her sometime. Also on the list to bring back to school are my tennis racquets... Tommy and Josh have been bugging me all semester to play some one on one with them so it's about time I give in.

In other news, I came across this video today and I thought it was absolutely HILARIOUS and now I have to share it with you:

My favorite is when they go "It's all about the Hamiltons."

No comments: