Sunday, January 08, 2006

Sunday?!
...More like FUNDAY!

This morning my parents took my sister and I out for brunch and shopping. It was great. We ate at a great restaurant somewhere in Fairfax I think. It was so crowded, there was a line out the door, but we beat the rush so that was good. I didn't catch the name since there were people everywhere. It was really nice to just sit down and be able to have a full conversation/meal with them. All our schedules are so different it's been hard to do that as of late. I mean I do still have dinner with them and all that but usually we're all pretty rushed and since everyone left to go back to school this week, I've had a lot of calls for random coffee outings or dinner dates etc etc. It was good to just catch up with the rest of my family this morning. Afterwards, my parents took us shopping and I bought a great pair of jeans that I probably shouldn't have spent that much money on, but they're really nice and I LOVE LOVE LOVE them. My mom did too and obviously she thought it was a good investment because she bought them so I was pretty happy. Other than that, I didn't really find anything that caught my eye. There were a pair of Sperry's I liked but they didn't have my size, plus they were ones you had to tie and I already have those. I really wanted tassel ones, but it's okay, I'm in no big rush to get them. My dad practically got my sister everything she wanted today. She got some pillows for her room, some clothes that she wanted, a pair of shoes, boardgames, etc. I mean she's pretty young so it makes sense, but I have to say, she is pretty spoiled.

In other news we're throwing a dinner party tonight at our house. My aunt and uncle are over! They were so excited to see me since I haven't seen them since Thanksgiving. They are awesome, I am so glad they're here. My uncle is still on a high from the Redskins win last night, it's pretty funny.

Also, I'm going horseback riding later this week at Morven Park with Kathleen. I'm so excited, it should be fun. Morven Park is such a gorgeous place to ride. The mansion sits on over 1,000 acres of land which is pretty ideal. I can't wait. Maybe I'll get a video clip of it and post it. I haven't ridden in awhile so we'll see how terrible I am at it.

Kathryn just called me a few minutes ago. She's spending the remainder of her break on a trip with her school to help Katrina victims. I wish our school had something like that. I would definately do it. She says the weather is absolutely gorgeous down there. She's wearing t-shirts and the like everyday. I would love to be doing that right now since it's been cold here. But anyway, she said she was chopping wood and sawing things today which I cannot imagine her doing at all, but it's definately for a good cause - one of those once-in-a-lifetime things you just have to experience on your own. 2 years ago I went to the coast of Maryland to help after the series of Hurricanes that tore up the east coast and it was one of the most rewarding experiences I've ever had. The locals were just so appreciative and so positive despite all that had happened to them. I imagine that's how Kathryn feels right now, but I'm sure the damage is on a totally different scale than the damage I saw in Maryland. Anyway, I'm glad she's okay, and I'm glad she is enjoying herself. I think it is a really good way to spend your break. Obviously people in New Orleans still need a lot of help, so I mean if you guys ever get the chance to, please go and help. I'm keeping my eyes open for opportunities, I'll let you know if I find any.

No comments: