Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Spring 2006!

As Spring Semester starts for many of my friends, I can't help but think of how close some of them are to graduation (it makes me sad). But anyway, I came across this little passage today that I thought was funny and appropriate for the subject matter.

In the words of Dr. Benjamin Mays:

"Some of you will graduate magna cum laude, some summa cum laude, and some others will simply say: Thank you, laude!"

Haha.. awesome.

In other news, I've spent my morning with the acception of grabbing lunch with a friend, looking into my MCAT preparation and it's giving me a headache. My parents are all for me taking a course, but I don't think they actually help that much. I took two different courses for my SATs and got absolutely nothing out of them. My parents must have spent over $1,000 on both of those courses and I still scored just fine - 1350. And, I mean, I know that's nowhere near a perfect score, but it was good enough and no thanks to any of those prep courses either. I think their material is very dated and needs a revamp. So, I've decided to tackle my MCATs the old school way, by doing it on my own. I'm probably going to purchase all the old tests from the AAMC and word through the grape vine in our little pre-med world is that Examkrakers offers a great study package that will run you about $100. I think I'll give that a try. I think the most I will take this exam is 2 times. The first time just to see how I score, and the second for a score I can submit with my applications. Seeing that this test is as long as a full business day, I really don't want to spend more than 2 business days taking it. Okay well... time to go purchase some books!

No comments: