Monday, January 02, 2006

Let's 2006!!!

First off, I would like to wish you a Happy and healthy New Year! Hopefully you had an exciting New Years eve. Kathryn and I went over to Rachel's house since her Mom was throwing a party and watched a little bit of Love Actually and mooched off her Mom's amazing food. Then, we went to Reed's house for the night. As Dylan puts it, "It was like a bad episode of Saved By The Bell." And it's kind of true. Most of our High School friends were there along with some really random people we went to High School with. I had a lot of fun despite the fact that the people there were so random. I guess in a way, that's what made it fun because some of them - I had never talked to in my life and it was also interesting to see how much everyone has changed. Needless to say, the celebration was a success. Everyone got along and had a great time. Right when the bell dropped all our guy friends flooded us with kisses on the cheek and hugs. I've missed seeing the old group and it's weird how coming back on breaks makes you realize that. In a way, we have all moved on and started "new" lives, but there's something so comforting about coming back and realizing that though we've changed, we still have that bond. I talked to Pat at midnight - I think he was a few minutes away from midnight when I called with the time difference. It was nice.

2006 is going to be one of those milestone years for me - I'm moving into a townhouse in the Fall and most of my MCAT preparations will take place. I won't actually take the MCATs until 2007 but it's kind of weird for me to grasp the concept that my future is dependant on this one test. And it's not like the SATs where if you don't do as well you have another chance to take it. Though you can take the MCATs more than once, it is a 5 or 8 hour test (depending on whether you take the computer or written version) so it would probably be to your benefit and your sanity to take it just once. Also, I don't think it's offered quite as often as the SAT is. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to this year and all of it's challenges. Hopefully, they will be rewarding. And as for New Years Resolutions.... I'm going to try to take an Owen's Food Court Tray and go sledding. I've always said I wanted to do that, but I never have and if it snows when I'm back at school - I will be doing it.

No comments: