Monday, January 16, 2006


... and we're back!

Spring semester '06 officially begins tomorrow and I am nothing short of excited! I had a great trip back to Tech. I made really good time, even got the chance to make a quick little pit stop at JMU to have lunch with Rachel and ended up seeing some people I went to High School with so that was a nice little added bonus. I'm really proud of myself because I made it back to school before the basketball game started (which really means I was able to beat all the gameday traffic). Matt came to help me unpack which is pretty uncharacteristic of him but very much appreciated nonetheless. In return, I went to dinner with him. There's nothing like the feeling of reuniting with West End after a month without it. :) We here at Virginia Tech are in love with our dining halls. Anyway, last night the boys of Collegiate Court invited us over for a party. As usual, Gabe was throwing down and the whole complex came. It was so good to see them all. Moe told me he had been reciting his Hail Mary's hundreds of times everyday in hopes that he'd get to see me soon and alas... ha ha, he was also very drunk. Something about riding on a unicycle last night?! Ha ha anyway, Kathleen came with me and we had a great time. I've missed them all so much. We played a few games of pong along with some card games and got a chance to catch up with everyone which was awesome. I couldn't have spent my first night back any other way. It was a little sad because a few of our friends moved out of the complex because they are co-oping this semester in Northern Virginia so they don't have to graduate early... there's definately a void, but there were two new guys that moved in that are lots of fun and I think they will fit right in. I had a good time with them so I'm really looking forward to getting to know them and basically hanging out with them weekly. With that said, I guess if anything last night was an omen for how great this semester will be... it's great to be back!

PS: The picture above is of Gabe and I... old high school friends. I'm thanking him for throwing down... as always.

No comments: