Wednesday, January 25, 2006

The nerdiest conversation EVER.

I had spent aboutg 3 hours doing Chem homework tonight and an hour and a half of that included going to a chem study session in Davidson which required me crossing the vortex of death aka the drillfield that accumulates all the wind generated on campus. The other hour and a half was spent re-copying my chem homework so that it was legible for my TA. I'm also kind of OCD about this kind of stuff so basically I had to make my handwriting look like a font. Well anyway, after 3 hours of mind and hand numbing Chem my away message read: "I'm hosting a chem bonfire at the end of the semester so we can demolish our binders and books." In true chem nerd response drew said:


LaNDsBeRgO: CH4 + 2O2 --> CO2 + 2H2O ...chem fire
LaNDsBeRgO: well you know it's not quite right
LaNDsBeRgO: if our books were made of methane
LaNDsBeRgO: lol don't make me look like a loser
LaNDsBeRgO: the guy with a chem symbol screenname ... i'm cool
LaNDsBeRgO: you can't tread on that

There are so many things wrong with my conversation with drew. The first thing would probably be the perfectly balanced equation and I can't believe he knew what a fire reaction was off the top of his head. Secondly, need I remind you that his screen name is strategically capitalized so that his favorite elements on the periodic table are depicted. And although his last name is Landsberg, he added the "O" for Oxygen because I mean... it's only EVERYONE'S favorite element. Lastly, this just proves how nerdy Drew and I are and this epiphany is really sad and depressing. I'm officially a pentagon. Not a square yet, but pretty damn close. And to think, there was a point in my life where I was a dodecahedron.... Okay and I can't believe I'm comparing life and personality to geometric figures. So how about I end this post now before I embarass myself entirely.

No comments: