Saturday, January 14, 2006

Fresh Starts and Goodbyes...

I'm leaving to go back to Tech tomorrow morning and I just wanted to thank everyone for making this break so entertaining. I was so excited to go home at the end of the fall semester and now I can't say I'm really excited to leave. I'm really anticipating the start of Spring semester. I miss everyone at school. I think I'm ready to get back in the full swing of things - wake up in the morning and have a routine etc., but I've had so much fun at home sans schedules and plans. My days were characterized by spontaneity - I'll miss it for sure. I'll miss staying up late, meeting with old friends and getting too nostalgic about things that only happened a few years ago. I guess Ben Folds says it best when he says "you get nostalgic about the last 10 years before the last 10 years have passed." Anyway, that aside, I've had a great time indulging in chocolate fountains, going out on dinner and coffee dates, shopping (gosh, I cannot begin to explain how terrible the mall by the school is), homecooked meals, lame-o videos that we made, cooking extravaganzaas, a newly acquired love for CNN (namely coverage by Anderson Cooper and Dr. Sanjay Gupta), Christmas at the beach, New Years Eve/New Years at Reed's house, D-Love's magic tricks, Wegman runs, horseback riding at Morven Park, Ice Skating outdoors... I had such a good time and I'll definately miss it. It's funny... you go off to college and you come back thinking that so much has changed because you yourself have changed so much, but you come back and you realize that though everyone has changed, everything is still the same... this place will always be home and you know you can count on the people and the places here to be the only consistant things in your life... You guys are my family and you've really made this one a good one. I'll see you soon... until then.

On that note... I am really anticipating this Spring semester. I got into all of the classes I wanted via a little magic that we call "force adding." I absolutely LOVE my advisors for making this awesome schedule happen. :) There's so much to look forward to... my schedule is great this semester, classes end at 2 (at the latest - AWESOME!) I don't have as many large time gaps in between classes like I did last semester. I thought I would actually use that time wisely, but that never happened. I managed to make my way onto the Dean's List though so I guess I did something right. Let's hope I can do it again this semester. Fall semester was just phenomenal and I hope that Spring semester can be just as fun, challenging and rewarding, but if I had it my way, I'd make it so that it were even better than Fall '05. I'll let you know how it goes. I have a feeling it will be just great, there's so much to look forward to... we've got, the Tech v. Wake game 2 weeks after I get back, I cannot wait to go (espec. b/c I'll finally get to experience this Cookout place that all my Wake friends keep telling me about and I'll get spoiled with some good ol' Village Tavern and southern cooking/hospitality). We have the superbowl to look foward to, the Olympics, Spring break in California, concerts, roadtrips to JMU, UVA, and Wake, Greek week with my Hampden-Sydney boys, and the Steeplechase race known as Foxfields (which translates into debauchery), warmer weather with chances to wear skirts, sundresses, and most importantly flip flops, a greener campus, a happier campus, a more care-free vibe on campus, flowers blooming, more Pre-Med preparations... I'm so excited and I cannot wait to be sucked into this whirlwind that will be Spring '06. I'm ready...

No comments: