Monday, March 06, 2006

awesome-ing at it's best.

This morning, Matt, Drew and I met up with Heather for lunch at Panera... even though we will all be going to the beach together on Wednesday, it had been a whole 3 days since we had seen each other and we just couldn't bear it anymore... (ha ha, we are just that tragic). It was so ridiculous, we acted like girls seeing each other for the first time at prom... hour long hugs were exchanged and then we were back to our old ways, cracking jokes and being stupid. It was fun - I had a good time.

Kaj is in town with his friend Ben that Kathleen and I met at Wake when we visited and he was trying to show him all that good ol' DC had to offer so Matt and I decided to meet up with them out there. We ended up getting lost and wandering aimlessly but I still had a good time. Of course, no visit would be complete without taking the metro so we did that and saw some crazy people which is ALWAYS fun. I wish it were just warmer - it got pretty cold throughout the day. Anyway, Kaj decided that we had to enrich our cultural experience since there were so many ethnic restaurants all over the place and we ended up eating Turkish food at this really cute place in Adams-Morgan even though Matt fought long and hard for dinner at Chipotle... It was my first Turkish dining experience and it was a good one - the food wasn't too bad.. the only thing that sketched me out was not knowing what I was eating, but all in all, it was a good dining experience and it was great to see Kaj and Ben. :D Hopefully, the next time we're in DC it will be sunny, warm and inviting.

No comments: