Wednesday, March 15, 2006

We're back!

Hope you all enjoyed your Spring Break as I have thoroughly enjoyed mine. Pictures can be seen below or stalked on Facebook just as they were intended to. Anyway I guess I have a few updates but moreso I have a lot of current event links to share with you guys. Well, first up, I got a personal trainer. His name is Josh, I have not met him yet, but I will tonight. Thanks to the stalker enabling capabilities of Facebook I found out his interests are guns and pitbulls... great! I hope he isn't scary but I have a feeling our first few sessions will be a huge wake up call. I guess it will all pay off in the end right? Anyway, I meet with him tonight so we can figure out a schedule and so I can tell him what my goals are so I'll let you know how that goes. I debated telling him I wanted to be the size of an Olsen twin to see what his reaction would be, but I've decided against that because that would be a jerk thing to do. Other than that, this week has been relatively normal, it has gone by SO so fast. I'll be getting my letters for AED soon so I'm pretty excited. We're going to be participating in The Big Event which should be fun but our shirts are semi-nerdy... I would try explaining them but I won't do them the justice they deserve so I'll post pictures when the shirts come in. Also, I've been turning my sights from Columbia (although not completely ruling it out) and focusing them on attending Wake Forest for Med school. I still have awhile to go, but Wake just makes sense. I love the setting. It's a lot different from Tech. It's a lot smaller, but the surroundings are much more inviting. The hospital was ranked among one of the top in the Nation and I have fallen in love with the school from frequently visiting friends there so that's another option on the list. I'm glad I can start to narrow down and hopefully get a head start on these dreadful applications. Okay so enough about my life...

There has been so much going on in the world lately! It's an exciting time to be alive!

My friend Eva sent me this article today about a bi-racial couple having twins that are two different races. The odds were one in a million and for science nerds and non-science nerds this will be a really interesting read and you can access it by clicking right here.

Villanova's Allen Ray has is eyeball popped out of it's socket which I would imagine is excrutiatingly painful, but this article kind of seems to poke fun at the incident without meaning to and I found myself laughing and feeling really guilty about it. I mean, who titles an article "My Eyeball Just Fell Out Of It's Socket" - seriously? Luckily he wasn't permanantly blinded... in self-defense classes they teach women to push the eyeball of a "bad guy" into the back of his head because if it is pushed far enough back to hit a certain nerve you could cause temporary blindness.

And for Regina Spektor lovers... more of her music has been posted on the the site you love to hate, Myspace and you can listen to them here.

Richard Ashcroft, known for being the frontman of The Verve is now flying solo and yet again you can listen to his music on Myspace or by clicking here.

Yesterday DCist posted an entry about an official song for DC. Apparently Lincoln Ross wrote it and it is called "Come to Washington." Not to completely discredit his effort or anything, but I (as well as many other people) think that there is a better song out there. Anyway apparently our efforts have earned us another post by DCist taking votes for alternative DC songs... my votes went to Army of Me's "Come Down to DC," and Postal Services' "The District Sleeps Alone Tonight." Want in? Read the article and cast in your vote as well by clicking here.

No comments: