Friday, March 03, 2006

My days of Judging are back!

Mr. Richards my AP Government teacher/Debate Coach in High school gave my good friend Dylan and I a call Wednesday night frantically asking if we could possibly help him out since he knew we were coming home for spring break and judge tonight's district debate tournament... of course it's impossible to say no to Mr. Richards so Dylan and I gave in and we'll be judges tonight. I'm kind of nervous because I haven't judged in a year or so, also, this is for districts and I don't want to crush somebody's dreams... and honestly, I can't say I remeber exactly how the rounds are structured so I will have to look for an old debate sheet fromw hen I did it to see who goes first etc. etc. I don't even know what the topic is for this year so hoepfully it's something I know enough about to give helpful critque on... I think I will be okay, I've been keeping myself updated with CNN everyday... well I have to get going now.. it's time to do some judging... but I'm so excited to see Dylan and Mr. Richards again!! Wish me luck.

No comments: