Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Derrick Brown had this survey of sorts in the back of one of my favorite poetry books and I thought I'd take the time to fill it out... i think it would be interesting to compare my answers to his so here goes...

Full Name: Mary Anne
What Book Are You Reading Now: Franny & Zooey
What's On Your Mouse Pad: nothing, I use my laptop's mousepad - it is grey and predictable
Favorite Game: "Let's guess which guy running in a suit will just miss the train," Risk, and "where should we roadtrip this weekend?"
Favorite Smells: boys' cologne lingering on one of my sweaters, the stale cigarette smell that attaches itself to you after a concert
Worst Feeling in the World: when you realize that nyquil didn't solve all your problems, or knowing that something/someone that meant everything to you is gone.
First Thing You Think of In the Morning: usually it's... "ugggggh!" but lately it's, "i hope it's nice and spring-y outside today."
Roller Coaster: Scary or Exciting? I think they are exciting. Scary at first, if you've never tried, but once you're strapped on - there's no point in being afraid, just go with it.
Rings Before Answering the Phone: it depends on who it is and how close the phone is or if I'm sleeping or not
Favorite Foods: Pasta (namely-alfredo), All types of bread - pita, sandwich bread - you name it, I love it, smoothies, fresh fruit
Favorite Ice Cream Flavor: Cookie Dough although lately I've been getting the Butter Pecan at Deet's.
Do You Like to Drive: I like to drive when the weather is nice and the road is scenic... For example, I love my drive to Wake because I get to see the valley for a solid 10 minutes and it's gorgeous and the rest of the ride is mountains and just really peaceful surroundings.
Do You Sleep With A Stuffed Animal? No, I never did that as a child so I guess it just didn't stick. I like to sleep with lots of pillows.
Favorite Alcoholic Drink: Mediterranean Breeze (it always makes me think of New York), Carona with lime, Bailey's, Irish Car Bomb, Spumante
What is Your Zodiac Sign?: Awesome Opposom... Leo.
Who is Your Favorite Poet: Derrick Brown, Nikki Giovanni, Langston Hughes
Do You Eat the Stems of Broccoli?: Yes I do. I love everything broccoli.
If You Could Have any Job you wanted, what would it be?: Well, I would LOVE to be a doctor one day so that's currently under hot persuit. However, if I had the voice and the talent, I think it would really be fun and exhausting to be a singer. Just me and a guitar - sharing my diary with everyone, but hey, it's probably not going to happen and for all of your sakes, that's a good thing.
Ever been in love?: not too sure
Is the Glass Half Empty or Half Full: It depends on the day, the circumstances and my mood, but it's usually half full.
What's Your Favorite Snapple?: Peach
Favorite Movies: Jeux D'enfants, Igby Goes Down, Garden State, Donnie Darko, High Fidelity, Amelie, Maria Full of Grace, The Motorcycle Diaries
Sport to Watch: Figure Skating, and if Michael Phelps is participating... SWIMMING, College basketball/football
What is Under Your Bed?: A box full of secrets, letters, cards, and pictures from loved ones or maybe I should say from loved ones once upon a time.

1 comment:

zak said...

ah .. a broccoli lover .. i knew there was a good reason i check this site every now and then ! ;)