Wednesday, July 12, 2006

It's been a tough week...

This past weekend, against my better judgement (with my workload), I decided to go to UVA to meet up with some friends I haven't seen in awhile. I probably would have done it again if I could go back... but I came back to Blacksburg hitting the ground and running. I didn't realize I had so much work to do until this week. It's been stressful, but I'm slowly getting through it. Nothing a good Gin & Tonic can't cure (which by the way is my new favorite drink)... I've almost had one every night. Though this week has been pretty difficult workwise... it's also been pretty exciting. There was lots to look forward to like... yesterday the release of 3 CDs that I have been very excited about. Sufjan Stevens' Illinois outtakes, Thom Yorke's new album, and then TV on the Radio joined the CD release club and put theirs out too... Let me just say, aside from the Physics homework being impossible last night, it was a pretty good night. (Sidenote: Undergrads should not be expected to do physics equations that grad students can't even do themselves... i'm just sayin - Phil Nelson, take note). So as if that wasn't the highlight of my week... the SEASON PREMIER of Project Runway is on tonight and I am in love with that show. I cannot wait. :) I wish I could sew myself or knew people who did. I'd like to make a friend who wants to be a fashion designer and just makes clothes that I wear for him. That would be great. Only in dreams right? Future Fashion designers... send me an e-mail, I would LOVE to wear your clothes.

In other news...

Dylan just sent out his 3rd installment of Ireland updates and as if I haven't said this before, this kid is such a great writer. He writes a little paragraph or two about each day in Ireland and after a week or so compiles them and just sends them out in a mass e-mail. Normally if just anyone was writing, it would get boring and tedius to read 14 + paragraphs about 14+ days... but not with Dylan... It's a real pleasure getting to read what he does... he's good with metaphors, and setting a mood. To see for yourself head over to the link on the side that says D-love and read his blog. He's posted on there as well.

No comments: