Saturday, July 22, 2006

Missing people, loving others.

This morning I had an 8 hour MCAT simulation test bright and early at 8am. I went to El Rods last night so waking up this morning did not feel good. Needless to say, I was releived when I went in and saw that I wasn't the only one who went out last night. In other news, I think the practice exam went well. I won't know until I get my scores back next weekish. But, I did come back and sleep for about 3 hours and it felt so good. I just made dinner but didn't have much of an appetite which wasn't good because all I ate today was a bagel. I ate about 4 pieces of ravioli before I just got grossed out. I'm not feeling to hot right now. I think I may just go back to bed. Anyway, during my test this morning we had a few people come in to make up missed test. This one guy had on linen pants which made me secretly laugh because it reminded me of the time I went to the Howie Day concert with Nina last summer and the guy behind us had a pair on, but then it started raining and his pants were very thin, and very see through, and we were basically forced to see his junk and it was awkward. Ha. I miss her.

In other news... I've really been infactuated with the music of Jose Gonzalez. He's supposed to be coming to Asheville in the Fall so maybe I'll be able to go. That would be pretty exciting actually. I really like his remake of Heartbeats. It's really sweet and I feel like it would be a good listen on a rainy day when you're alone in your room... kind of like right now. Here's a video of him singing it live via Spin.com. I really like it. I haven't gone to any concerts this summer as I've had so much work which really saddens me because in the past years, I think i've average at least 3-5 over the span of 2 months. I'm kind of disappointed. Maybe I'll try to make up for it in the fall.

One night to be confused
one night to speed up truth
we had a promise made
four hands and then away

both under influence
we had devine scent
to know what to say
mind is a razorblade

to call for hands of above
to lean on
wouldn't be good enough
for me, no

mmmm mmm Jose Gonzalez. Check him out if you get the chance. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

No comments: