Saturday, July 01, 2006

She likes to leave you hanging on a word

I found my diary last night while rummaging through my room and sat down to go back and read through some of the pages. I think in this particular one, I started writing in it Junior year of High School. It's so funny going back and seeing how sincerely upset you were about some of the most trivial things. It's also nice to see that I have matured a little bit since then. I think I would be upset if I read it and realize that I haven't changed at all. Anyway, I found that I ended up writing a lot about different guys in my life and that I always wrote what song I was listening to at the time when all this was going on. So I've come to the conclusion that maybe I should make CDs with songs that remind me of each person. I know the soundtracks would be completely different. But it's a project that I think will be interesting to look back on. For instance I will name each CD "The (insert guy's name here) Era" and have 12-15 songs that a) remind me of him b) the time we spent together c) remind me of the situation d) were popular during that time.

Just a thought, I'm not sure if I'll actually follow through, but it would be neat to randomly find these CDs five years from now and listen to one and have that period of your life flooding back to you.

No comments: