Sunday, July 30, 2006

Really really great Saturday night.

Well... as many as you know (through my numerous complaints) I have been taking 8 hour MCAT simulations every Saturday at the lovely hour of 7am. Nobody wants to get up at 7am and I'm positive nobody wants to do that on a Saturday morning either. Anyway, after being completely exhausted after my test, I took a nap. Laura later surprised me telling me she was making her way down to tech and that I should gear up for a party at the German Club manor... WHAT?! That's pretty exciting right? The G.E.R.M.A.N Club is pretty exclusive with their lists and rules so it was pretty cool that we got to go. Let me just say that their house is absolutely PHENOMENAL. It's gorgeous. Seriously, as we were walking up, we looked at each other and said, "I didn't know that we were going to a five star hotel." This place is beautiful. And as if that wasn't a good start to the night, the guys were such gentlemen! Not in the fake frat boy gentlemen way... bu the kind that open doors for you... basically everything you want in a guy. I always got the impression that they were very full of themselves just from what I heard other people say... but I'm here to say that they are anything but. They are GREAT guys. They also have really cute rules they have to follow... and at the same time these "guidelines" of sorts are kind of awkward but for everyone's benefit. Like... everytime someone spills a drink someone runs out with a mop to clean it up. SAFETY first right? And they write your name on your cup and the bartender will pass your drink to a brother to make sure it's "safe." No one else can get your drink for you. I guess it also helps the brothers familiarize themselves with the people at the party. Each pledge class also has to make up their own line dance to a ridiculous song and when the DJ plays the song... the WHOLE pledge class comes onto the dance floor. It's really cute. Anyway, it was an awesome night. We ended up going back to one of the guy's houses and watching Billy Madison and we ended up sleeping there too. Really not as sketchy as it sounds. It was good fun... maybe too much fun. I have a test on Monday to study for... BOOO!

No comments: