Monday, July 17, 2006

They're dropping like flies...

I found out a friend of mine has just gotten engaged! Not only am I excited for her, but I know she'll be happy with this guy. They've been dating for three years and are completely obsessed with each other. I wish them the best!

As happy as I am for her - I can't help but feel like my life is moving at a million miles an hour. This is already happening around me and I kind of get the feeling that my time isn't too far around the corner either. This really freaks me out because I've got a lot of catching up to do. We're so young, but I guess if you're fortunate enough to find the one - then it doesn't really matter, it'll be right for you. Right now for me, I can't even think about what it would be like. I'm too scared and commitment-phobic and maybe I need to start realizing that my friends aren't and they've got it together. I'm sure when it happens, it'll be great - it's definately an exciting stage in your life that comes with lots of responsiblity as well and I don't think I'll be ready for that for awhile. It's just kind of hard to think about finding the right guy in a sea of douchebags and sketchballs galore. It kind of makes dating seem tedious, pointless, fruitless, and time consuming. And the awkwardness after a date that doesn't go well always creates this weird tension and... as life would have it, you'll see lame person EVERYWHERE after said awkward date.

Hmmm... perhaps I should work on that this year. Maybe start the semester not thinking that every guy I meet will be a jerk. Or maybe hoping that the circumstances this year will be better and maybe not go for guys that live a million miles away or are graduating... that always helps too.

No comments: