Sunday, August 15, 2004

Another trip to DC, but this time for the A.C. Newman Concert.

Last night... despite warnings from my mother about this "tropical storm" in Florida whose winds were suppose to travel North into the District and be "quite harmful" I decided to live on the edge of danger because well... duh, that's how ruff ryders rolllllll... and go anyway.

And guess what? No winds. Maybe a little rain but eh, who cares? So anyway, Christy and I drove into DC sans directions and DIDN'T get lost (YESSS!) and met up with two of her friends from UVA (Julie and Nathan) in Georgetown for dinner before the concert. Christy gracefully tried to parallel park upon arrival because the spot was irresistable, but even with my help... our teamwork failed and we wern't able to park... so Nathan ended up doing it. So anyway we walked around Georgetown for awhile which is always nice because Georgetown's Nightlife is always fun. Parking in Georgetown... or in DC is not so fun. Anyway so we ate and then drove to the Black Cat and the last time Christy and I were there was for Pedro the Lion and John Vanderslice and it took us an hour to find parking and 15 minutes to actually park. But no, not this time. It took us about 15 minutes to do both and Christy and I successfully parallel parked... that's team work biotch. And needless to say the concert was awesome! A.C. Newman is a funny guy.... the guy on stage without any pants on was pretty funny too. And I secretly lust for the guy who played the recorder in the band or the one who played the tambourine. HOTTNESS. That's what SHE said.... ha ha. So all in all, good times. I won't bore you with the details.

The concert ended around 1:45 ish and DC is not so safe at 1:45 in the morning and we parked a couple blocks away from the Black Cat and I must say.... the walk to the car was the sketchiest walk EVER. It was funny because Christy and I kept walking faster and faster to the point where we were almost running to the car because the people just weirded us out so much. Not to sound mean or anything... but some of the guys will make you wonder.

We got home safely though and we didn't get lost coming out of DC... yess Constitution Avenue... you are our savior. Anyway since I live in a secluded neighborhood that's unmapquestable... I picked up my car from Jason's house and I didn't get home until 2:30 yesssss! But all is good... and it was definately worth it... now if only I could get these X's off of my hands and the Black Cat Stamp............

No comments: