Monday, August 09, 2004

I was sorting through my room this morning trying to figure out what I need to bring with me to college and I found an email dated April 9, 2003 from my friend Rob Miera and I just wanted to post it because I have a way of losing things and I'd like to have this to look back on. I haven't talked to Miera in forever - it's been a little over a year... crazy crazy. But just for the record, I miss him and all his great advice.

April 9, 2003 9:15

Hey there!
I'm sorry to hear about that one that got away. You know there is really nothing you can do except rely on destiny to bring you back together again, or take a dive and define destiny for yourself. I'm also saddened by the fact that you are not feeling well - that can be quite a pain in the ass. I had a really bad sinus cold about a week and a half ago and I'm still feeling the effects. Hey, don't dwell on this either because you will make yourself feel even worse; it's like a crush... eventually you have to let it go. I once met this girl out at a thing kinda like yours when I was in Colorado. Anyway... we had fun together and got contact info and this girl had me in circles knowning full well that I was not going to be in a small Colorado town for a long time so maybe it's for the best. I know it sounds non romantic but the real world sucks sometimes. Don't feel bad about venting, I like to hear about poeple's stuff - it helps my life grow. Everything will be O.K. I know you'll bounce right back. By the way... the male species is doing just fine between me and this guy - we're balancing the power. Anyway, I should probably get going now, but don't stress over it - it happens, you know? Life will go on... and if you ever need anything, you know where to find me.

Miera.

Miera rocks. And I feel bad for losing touch with this kid, because he's such an amazing friend. Miera, you can be expecting an e-mail or something soon. :Þ But yeah, reading this reminds me how good it is to have someone to tell you that everything is going to be okay and really mean it or just to have someone to pick you up when you are down. Not that people don't already do that... I guess I just miss talking to Miera.

Sidenote: This e-mail makes me laugh. I am such a nerd, and for the record... Miera was right, life did go on [gasp!]. It's really funny how emo I can be sometimes when certain events occur. It's not as if it's the end of the world... but in a girl's universe it is earth shattering. I know i'm being vague... but this was not worth stressing about and even though I probably sounded like a nerd when I wrote him the e-mail to which he responded to, I'm glad I could count on him to be there and give me advice even though he probably knew this was the stupidest situation ever. Man I miss California and people like Miera. I'm so glad I'm going to San Francisco for Spring Break 2005.

PS: I love Virginians and Californians equally.

No comments: