Sunday, August 08, 2004

I was watching the X-games earlier today. BMX guys doing what they do best. It was really interesting and I'm not really into it. I never was, but I was channel surfing and it caught my eye. Ryan Nyquist was the guy that everyone was focusing on because his first two runs were really not very good and some Cory guy (can't remember his last name... started with a B) is in the number one spot. So anyway... he only has 3 runs so his last run better be phenomenal for him to win. He's one of the veterans of BMX I suppose... like what Kelly Slater is to the Surfing world. And everyone was saying how this is the exact same thing that happened last year where Nyquist had 2 really crappy runs and his last one was awesome and that last run got him the gold medal so all the announcer guys are like yeah man if he can do well on his last run then he can take the gold and be the first ever BMX Bike Stunt Dirt Champion to receive back to back gold medals... this is all really cool and what not, but I'm kind of hoping this Cory guy wins. He's like the under dog here and yeah Nyquist is awesome, but everyone already knows that. I mean Cory has been the most consistant throughout, I don't think one last run should determine who gets the gold medal but then again that's me. I still stand firm though... Cory, I hope you win. It's kinda like when Irons beat Slator in the WCT... Kelly Slater is like what Lance Armstrong is to the Tour de France, you want him to win sure, but it's like give somebody else a chance. Actually, I take that back... Lance Armstrong can keep on winning Tour de Frances for as long as he wants. Lance go for 7 buddy, go for 7. Okay I'm going to stop talking about sports now, but I just wanted to say that my exposure to BMX for the day has been quite interesting.

You learn something new everyday.

No comments: