Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Let's talk about intimidation today shall we?

My first class today was Creative Writing. My teacher is awesome, she seems very motherly which is very fitting seeing as she is pregnant again. She is just a very sweet person and not a deceptive kind of sweet where she pretends to be nice, she is very genuine. I read over the syllabus and the material we're covering is going to be great! Poetry, short stories, prose pieces, two-way monologues... sound familiar?! :) I love it! We'll be doing a lot of this and I'm extremely excited, but I can also see this as being hard at times, but you do what you have to do right? Anyway, here's where the intimidation comes in... I quickly learned that I am one of 5 freshmen in the class. It's a little intimidating but I think I can pull through... anyway, I also learned that my teacher wants us to try to get our work published. :/ When it comes to people reading what I write in my blog, I really don't mind becuase it's online and anyone can see it, but when it comes to poetry and short stories, maybe it's just me, but that's more private because that can be very personal... but I'm not going to drop the class, I figure I'll get something out of this. It's not standing in front of people and reading dialogue that I'm worried about, I've done that numerous times, I'm just not comfortable letting everyone in on what's really going on. It's definately going to be a challenge, but I think once the semester is over, I'll feel better about it all so I'll keep you posted. I love the material in this class, but as my Imaginative Writing book says, "You have to be willing to go into the chaos and bring back the beaties..." and Tess Gallagher couldn't have said it better. That's exactly what this class will be like for me, going into the chaos and trying to find the beauty in the breakdown... so here's to new challenges!

And my Bio part deux class is just the same as my Bio part one class only it's a little longer since it only meets twice a week so that was fine. All in all, this semester is looking great! I'm optimistic!

No comments: