Monday, January 17, 2005

Something's about to change, I can feel it in my heart today...

So today was the first day of Semester Deux and it couldn't have been better. I have a feeling this Semester will be amazing. Everything just felt right and it was just kinda like one of those instinct things where you can just tell. Anyway, I started my day at 10:10 which is already something to be thankful for seeing as how last semester I started my Mondays with an 8am so I'm feeling kind of spoiled already. Anyway the class is Social Anthropy and it's really interesting. Justin Sanders being the cool kid that he is showed me how to get to my class because I was clueless. Anyway, I get there but my room is like hidden down some obscure hall. I get there 5 minutes before the actual class starts... and I sit down for about 15 seconds and the professor tells us all that he's cancelling class today "in obeservance of the holiday" and just to pick up a syllabus on the way out and to tell us his name so he could take roll. There were people standing outside that were probably in the class that thought we were just a class getting out late. So that was a great start to the day. A 15 second class. So how did I kill time until my next class? I went to the Psyc building to see if I could force add into the class that I needed but of course the whole school was there changing their majors... (PSYCHOLOGY IS AWESOME, WHY WOULD YOU EVER SWITCH?!) Ha ha... ok that's just my opinion but it's terribly bias. Anyway, I left because I didn't feel like waiting so I went to the bank and cashed my checks so I could buy some books later in the day. (By the way Blacksburg had a Wind chill advisory today... of about negative 5 so that sucked, but no complaints). So I still had time to kill so I decided to go back and see if there were still a lot of people in the Psyc building and of course there were more than were there before. GREAT! So I went to my next class early and I'm taking Differential Calculus, at the MATH EMPO (which got new computers by the way, which contrary to popular belief does not soften the blow of having to go there weekly). This was kind of annoying because I get to do differential calculus on a 4 function calculator. Note to the wise people at VT who decide this: if I ever use differential calc in my life, you can bet that i'll be using a graphic calculator and hey, i'm all about supporting the economy, how about I hire someone to do it for me... it's the american way! I mean they say we're fully rounded, but we're not because we're dependant on each other and the knowledge that each of us has to get through life... anyway, saving that rant for another time. Okay so moving on, I wasn't too bitter about my empo classes because this won't be going at a pace as fast as the class that I took there before which is great! Afterwards, I met up with Drew and Sarah for lunch, and after lunch I went back to the Psyc department and finally got the class that I needed (Social Psychology) which works out perfectly for my Psyc/Soc double major or Psyc major/Soc minor... haven't decided. So i was way excited and it only took like 2 seconds to force add me so I did a happy dance and went back across the drillfield for the 10th time today and went to pritchard to check my mail where I got a 15 dollar gift certificate to the bookstore! Boo-Yah! So Drew came over because he wanted me to go with him to buy a winter coat since he lost his over break so I told him I'd go only if he took me to the bookstore to sell/buy books. So we walked to the cage in the freezing cold and the whole time, Drew is sans winter coat. Anyway we go to the bookstore first, and I sold back my books and made 50 bucks and that doesn't include the 2 books they WOULDN'T take (grrr...) anyway I was kind of sad about that BUT, I got over it when I found out the grand total of Semester 2's books was only 129 with the gift certificate! Again, will you say "boo-yah" with me? So then we went into town and got Drew a winter coat and it matches and doesn't look funny! Yay! And now he gets to stay warm during this Wind Chill advisory period. He also decided he would join circle-k so my job here is done. I should just graduate right now. We also decided to become business partners and rock the world. Plans are hush-hush now. He does all the computer work, and I'll do all the promotion and ads and whatever else. So we'll see how that works out over the years. I mean we have awhile to get this up and running. Okay anyhoo, we met Monica and Justin for dinner which was a lot of fun. I don't think I stopped laughing. These two are another whole box of pandoras. Gotta love them. So all in all, my day has been amazing and I think I started off Second Semester with a bang or maybe a few boo-yahs! But I'm hopeful and optimistic and I guess we'll just see how it goes...

Jack is coming this weekend. Drew's birthday is on Thursday - good times with the boys? Of frikin course!

Charlotte NC Concert Viewing Wake Forest Overnight Roadtrip? - Less than 2 weeks. Excited to the max!

No comments: