Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Maybe this summer?!

I was in a lab the other day and I had to do some work on the computer and the instructor came and stood there for awhile just looking over my shoulder. I figured that he was just making sure that all my data was correct but after a minute or so he asked me if I played the piano. And I told him that I played for 5 years when I was younger and then I decided to stop because my piano teacher was really intense and made all her students go to competitions and I just didn't like the pressure because for me, this was more of a hobbie. Then, I asked him how he knew and he said he was a piano teacher and that he could tell from the way I typed on the computer and by the movement in my arms and fingers and everything in between. Weird isn't it? It's interesting that he can pick out such details... so anyway, it got me thinking maybe I should take up piano again... maybe this summer? It would be pretty cool to be able to learn how to play every Beatles song ever or every Something Corporate song and give Andrew McMahon a run for his money or maybe get a little Ben Folds action going... I've forgotten a lot and I think that if I get back into it, everything will start coming back to me... PLUS my old piano teacher has RETIRED so no worries there. Who knows, maybe I'll surprise you guys this summer.

Just a thought.

No comments: