Monday, May 30, 2005

Andrew McMahon update.

Tales from the Infirmary Pt. II (Someone get this man to the hospital)

This is a difficult post to make, and I'd like to preface it by urging everyone not to worry, because I believe strongly that this will all be fine. Alright...here we go. As most of you know I have been struggling with a bit of laryingitis. I had to cancel last night's show to rest my voice and see my doctor to make sure I had not done any damage to my throat. When I arrived in his office he told me I looked sick (I know...what a dick. Just kidding Dr. K). He asked to run some blood tests, which he did. This morning I received a phone call regarding concerns about the outcome of those tests. It's been a blur since then and all I know is there has been a lot of prodding, poking and not a ton of answers so far. I have been admitted to a hospital in New York for observation over the rest of the weekend, and as you may have guessed have been forced to cancel a handful of upcoming shows. For this I'm more sorry than you know. On a lighter note, I was given a hysterical blue gown (you know the type) which I wore for a moment but have since abandon in protest. Yes, the food sucks, but my lovely sister has gone out to stock me up with my favorite Amy's Organic meals and the staff here has been awesome so far. I know many of you will be concerned, and I hesitated to even divulge this info, but feel that it is best that I be forthright to avoid any speculation pertaining to my condition. I'm currently feeling fine and this hospitalization has occured mainly to avoid contracting any infections while my immune system is weak. I promise I will keep you all informed as more info comes and I'm so sorry to those of you who I would be seeing otherwise at this weeks shows. A very wise person taught me to meet these situations with positivity and I would expect nothing less from everyone who reads this. Your understanding means the world to me, and I promise I will get through this and see you all soon.

No comments: