Monday, May 30, 2005

From Andrew McMahon.

I never thought I would say these words, but I just don't know what else I can do. I have decided to cancel tonight's show. I have sung five shows with an unrelenting case of laryngitis and I finally spoke with my doctor this morning. He fears if I continue to sing without resting that I can do permanant damage to my voice. I have been told to play this evening's show at the downtown, but I feel too guilty to cancel on such short notice. I can't say what to expect, but I will do everything I can to make the show worth attending. I know there's nothing worse than looking forward to a concert and having it get cancelled. I cannot even describe to you all how hard this decision has been for me. I promise everyone if the implications of my playing in these conditions wern't far reaching and potentially harmful to my voice then I would be there in a heartbeat. All I can ask for is your understanding. I will make this show up to you all as soon as humanly possible. It has been a source of pride that I have never cancelled a show for voice troubles. Today is one of the hardest days of my entire touring career.

What can I say other than.... musicians are humans too and though they may seem immortal or larger than life, they too get sick. Good thing the Inner Harbor wasn't that sketchy. We ended up doing some shopping and we dined on the waterfront so it actually worked out quite well. Hopefully the show is rescheduled on a day that I can go.

No comments: