Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Things I noticed while in New York
(feel free to add on)

1. If you think you are remotely cool, you are wrong. So wrong my friend because everyone in New York is cooler than you.
2. Everybody has a flippin dog... (in the SoHo/NoHo/Village area at least) and they're damn cute too
3. Pidgeons are everywhere and they're abnormally shaped and kind of gross
4. There are secret doorways in the shops in Chinatown! A man walked into one of the stores I was in and was like "I want to go inside the wall!" - I guess you had to be there, but trust me, it was funny.
5. Cowboy boots are in
6. So are converse shoes in EVERY color, but mostly black
7. Puma shoes... you know those really flat european looking ones are so hot right now.
8. Asic shoes are in... namely Tigers.
9. Guys hold hands... we don't see it that much where we live but in New York they're proud of it. More power to ya.
10. Polo/Lacoste shirts are everywhere... but we like to thank the people that don't pop them. :P
11. Girls like big beaded jewlery... in a non-gaudy way
12. Long hippie skirts are everywhere... seen in non-hippie colors
13. Everyone has really really cool hair. Guys and girls, young and old... gosh I'm so unhip. It's all very unique.
14. One word: bohemian lifestyle... and my gosh do I love it.
15. Everyone is kind of costumy but it doesn't really look like they try to be... they just are. Personal style looks effortless.
16. Colors that you wouldn't think go together really do in some odd yet creative way
17. There are lot of artists... in the form of painters, photographers, graphic designers, poets, etc... it's all very very exciting.
18. Everyone walks really fast... and I mean really. I felt like they all had somewhere to go and something to do.
19. There's no preventing yourself from looking like a total tourist no matter how discrete you are with your digital camera.
20. Oh yeah... did I already mention that everyone is cooler than you?

Cue Ben Folds song:
Smile when you've got nothing to prove, no matter what you might do, there's always someone out there cooler than you... I know it's hard to believe but there are people you meet, They're into something that is to big to be expressed through their clothes...

amen Ben... a effing men.

No comments: