Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Reflection while listening to Ani Difranco...

A good friend of mine [Christy] is visiting from Purceville [only half an hour or so away] today and I'm pretty excited. My beloved car is in the shop. Apparently my mother did some damage to the breaks when I was in school so hopefully I'll get it back by the end of this week. It hasn't been a handicap though which has been really fortunate. My dad gets home from work around 3 so I can take the Benz for a spin or people randomly come over which I love even more. Anyway, scratch that tangent... Christy is coming and I am happy to be able to spend some time with this girl. We go way back... :) She's doing Maymester so she'll be in Charlottesville for the beginning of the summer, I may have to take a roadtrip down there to visit her... anyone want to come with? I have tons of room in my car and it'll be fun... I promise you we will listen to good music the whole way there. I decided to go for runs every morning just in my neighborhood and so far... I've actually been doing it. I wake up at 8am and go run for an hour and come back and do some pilates and shower. It's not as hot in the morning so running feels good, plus the scenery around here is so nice and in the morning I think is a good time to just soak it up and take it all in. I always feel so much better when I go running though... I think I'm going to keep it up. I'm beginning to notice that I see the same people every morning out the same time I am exercising or what not. In a way, I've come to incorporate them into my morning work out... I always see this woman walking her dog at the same time, in the same place every morning. If she wasn't there one morning, I think I would be really worried. I wonder if she would be too if she didn't see me one morning.

No comments: