Saturday, July 23, 2005

An "About me" blog that will knock your socks off and give you a headache. I am a firm believer that you can never describe yourself to the fullest extent in little "about me" sections on things like facebook. So, here I am trying to see if I can actually do it. This may turn out to be a really long blog, but hey, you might learn something that you didn't know. Really, I'm doing this to see if it's actually possible to describe yourself to someone. I never believed that I acutally could. So here, goes nothing...

I like to laugh and I really like when others laugh (I don't always like to be the one who initiated their laughter). I like to see little kids playing becuase there's nothing like seeing uncorrputed innocence. It kind of reminds me of a time when I was once like that too. I admit to being naive sometimes, but I firmly believe that maybe that's not such a bad thing. I'd rather not know than know too much. There's nothing like a great conversation with a person. Doesn't matter who it is. Whether it's a close friend, or an elderly person - I don't think anything can measure up to the wisdom and stories that people have to share with you. You'd be surprised. I once spent an amazing night with an infinately interesting person in total silence and you know what? It was the most comfortable I've ever been. I sometimes wish that people would believe that it is a verb to love someone, because I do and you know I cringe everytime I see somebody, whether it's on TV or a firsthand experience where I actually know the person falling short of acting out this "so called" verb. You cannot say you love somebody and not show it. That's probably one of the worst things in the world. Love to me includes, my friends and family (of course), sunrises, sunsets, the beach, flip flops, warm sheets straight from the dryer, and tiny fragments of perfection of the like. I'm obsessed with English Breakfast tea, and dead singers... like Ian Curtis, Elliott Smith, and Nick Drake. I don't know why but I feel that these people are the only people who could ever leave such a lasting legacy behind. I like to wear pearls because when I was younger I would always see my mom wear them and she would make them look so elegant and so I promised myself at the age of seven that one day I could pull off the beauty that she encompassed in that moment I looked at her... now at 18, I don't think I'm anywhere close. I am open-minded and increasingly empathic towards others becuase I would like them to be that way towards me. I also tend to shy away from confrentation and awkward situations because I don't think I can handle the truth and my reality sometimes. My dad is my hero, he may not know it, but I admire the guy so much. I think that there is so much beauty in the French language and I'm not quite sure why. Conor Oberst's music makes me not afraid of death. I really have a thing for offbeat kind of guys, not to be confused with immensely sketchy and creepy ones. I think all of my friends are rockstars in their own right... sometimes, I look at them and think they are so much larger than life... if only they knew how much I loved them. I enjoy sundresses and concerts, but above all, I enjoy spontaneity. And if I ever meet a guy with said spontaneity... you can bet that I'll marry him. Sometimes, I think that gay guys would make the best husbands except for the fact that they're gay. I'm lactose intolerant, I have a riduculous fear of Egypt, and I am not a fan of rodents, and I'm certainly not a cat person. Recently, I decided that I really want a seahorse as a pet, however I don't think petstores sell them because they are salt-water creatures. I don't really want to live anywhere below the beltway... ever. I'm a city girl, that's where my heart is. I love bright lights and big cities and I'm always intrigued by them. Take New York for instance, I visited for four days and now, I want to live there. I love art and I am so captivated by people who can create such pieces... I hope to someday be somebody's muse. I wonder if anyone will one day look at me and think, "wow, that's her, she's the one" and then I wonder what they would do if they realized that. I don't think I've ever been in love... with a person. Material things, yes, like the Mercedes McLaren... oh my lord, if that's not love, then I don't think I'll ever know what is. I like to paint to vent my frustrations. I am not good at painting at all. I used to read my horoscope but stopped when I realized that none of it was true. I also realized that I share the same horoscope with millions of people in the world and it didn't seem as special to me anymore. I enjoy reading Washingtonian, The Post (NY & Washington), Gawker, DCist and Curbed. I hope to one day live in a loft in a big city somewhere and soak up all the culture that comes with such a lifestyle. I actually don't have a problem with the way I was raised. Yeah, I may have grown to not like nature because I never went out much, but I think the time I spent with my nannies actually did me some good. I used to know how to knit. When I was 10, I broke my pinky toe and had a cast up to my knee because of an injury sustained from karate. I played the piano when I was eight and my teacher was a famous french pianist and I hated her. She was so hard on all of her students, but now that I look back, I realized that I won three national piano competitions because of this woman. I don't play piano anymore, and I think that's a shame. I admit that I cannot read music anymore. I also used to play the violin and seeing people like Anton play really make me wish I stuck with it. I was never a tomboy, for the most part, I'd like to think that I am a girly girl. I'm a offbeat oddity. I hope to be able to have the funds to travel the world one day... whenever I want. I want to be self sufficient and not have to rely on my parents for money even though I could probably live off of them for the rest of my life. Pet peeves include people who don't give others the time of day, (I don't think you are ever above anybody because in the end we're all going to die anyway so material things shouldn't matter - you can't take any of these things with you when you're gone) people who make fun of others make me absolutely livid. I do care what people say about me, I believe that everybody does. I'm almost sure that we're all posers. Watch SLC Punk and tell me that's not true. It wholeheartedly believe that it is great to be a dreamer, but sometimes you just have to be realistic. I once had a professor who told me I could be anything I wanted to be and for the frist time in my life I actually believed her. I don't ever want to wake up miserable to the sound of an alarm clock and hate my job. I would hate to fall into routine. I wonder what it will feel like when I meet "the one" - I always hear people say "you just know," but do you really? People tell me not to settle for anything less than butterflies and as nice and beautiful and poetic as that sounds, I am almost 100% sure that I'll be settling for less more than once in my life. I don't like hasty endings and I definately don't like obsolete beginnings. I don't ever want to get a divorce. I don't believe you should marry someone unless you are absolutely sure that this is the person that you want to be with for the rest of your life - get it right the first time. Don't put others hearts in the way of your indecisiveness. I don't mind dates where people have cool things planned to do, but I would much rather just sit and talk for hours. I hate mind games, and fickle boys. I don't like to cry in front of males, even if it's just my dad. I think Middle School is horrible and no child should ever have to go through all that craziness. High School for me was just a waste of time. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the company of my friends. I think that Homecoming and Prom are stupid traditions. I really like being on boats. I loathe sitting in cars for more than 5 hours. I really liked Hanson's song "Mmm Bop" when I was in the fourth or fifth grade. I don't talk to my best friend of 14 years anymore and sometimes that saddens me and other times, I know it's actually for the best. I cannot sit back and watch my friends hurl themselves into a downward spiral. I've always wanted to make out in the stacks - actually, it's a goal of mine to do this within the next three years. I like when the weather is in the 70s. I'd rather it be cold than warm. I love sweaters and jackets, and the fall. I cannot stand mind numbing coldness... from people or just from mother nature. I like coffee, but sometimes it makes me shake. Sometimes, I forget to eat and I really don't care. I am easily embarassed when people draw attention to me. I do not like having my picture taken... that's why I can never be serious in a picture. All pictures of me are usually candid, or I'm doing something stupid in them. I think I myself have taken a total of five self portraits in my lifetime (once of which is posted in my blog below). I once witnessed the return of a US soldier in a South Carolina airport and not only did it bring me to tears, it made me hate war. I like freshcut flowers. I save and dry one flower from every bouquet that I receive. I love love. What can I say? - I mean, it's a good thing. I really really like guys who rock faux hawks. I think it's so hot. A good friend of mine once told me " I have a wholehearted naive belief that love will conquer all unless it conquers me, first," and I totally agree.

No comments: