Friday, June 23, 2006


Friday thoughts

I guess I should start off with the most exciting news... my uncle Doug got me a super early birthday present and I have a big crush on it. It's the Canon SD600! I was really excited. He e-mailed me yesterday and was like "I felt that it was time you upgraded." I'm going to stop by his place on my way home and pick it up this weekend! I'm thrilled. My last camera was a Nikon 3100 and I liked it a lot except for it's battery life was terrible. It used AAs and even though I bought rechargeable batteries - I could only re-charge them so many times. It would constantly shut off and it had a video feature but it only gave me 20 seconds of recording time. :( Boo! Anyway, I'm really excited about this new camera because a) I can record b) it's got a lithium battery c) the screen on the back is HUUUUGE. Feels good to get with the times.

Next week marks the end of the first summer session. It wasn't very painful at all workwise. I actually liked the pace a lot better too. You don't screw around. It was very efficient or at least I felt it was. I hope second summer session can move along with such ease for my sake. Being in this town in the summer is not so fun. I don't think I'll ever do another summer session here.

I'm going home in about a week and I'm thrilled.

No comments: