Monday, June 19, 2006

Good things come to
obsessive-compuslsives
... who fixate

I watched Igby Goes Down today for the first time in a year or so. I used to watch this movie all the time. Watching it today made me realize how much I really do like it. For one, it's got a great cast and two, - I absolutely love the characters. They are twisted, yet relatable. I also love the script.

In other news... an old friend of mine recently got in touch with me today. He and I haven't spoken in awhile, but we were really good friends back in the day and I've known him since Middle School. Anyway, he told me he's found the girl of his dreams and today I helped him pick out a ring. How nuts is that?! My first really close friend to get married! I am completely excited for him because I'm glad he's found what he's looking for - some of us are still trying or have quit trying. It's such an exciting time in our lives right now. This time next year, he'll be graduating and planning a wedding. I am thrilled for him slash slightly terrified that this is what is happening around me. However, despite my relunctance on this whole marriage idea (for myself at least) I have to admit... I do like seeing my friends like this - I honestly think this is the most genuinely happy he's been in awhile. Everything is beginning to fall into place... we've got a lot of good stuff to look forward to! :)

No comments: